You are a Microsoft Most Valued Professional or a Microsoft Certified Trainer?
Here's what we can offer you!
Track Disk Space Usage Continuously in the Background
- The SpaceObServer Agent scans selected drives and stores the collected data in an SQL database.
- Scan network drives without the need to install additional software on the server.
- Scan all shares of a complete server at the touch of a button or schedule scans.
- SpaceObServer can access the NTFS Change Journals of local drives and updates information about local NTFS drives continuously.
The Enterprise Edition offers even more disk space management features:
Analyze Disk Space
- The size of each folder is displayed directly in the file system tree: easily discover which folders occupy most of your hard disk space.
- Visualize disk space usage and track down unwanted files with several visualization options.
- A space usage history shows development over time and provides an approximate estimate of disk space usage development for the future.
- View, print and export 3D bar, pie, line charts and tree maps.
- In a file preview you can see detailed information about selected files.
- Scanned directories can be merged in "Containers", allowing analyses across drives, e.g. to search for duplicate files.
- Statistics can be grouped by users or file extensions.
- Compare folders and file structures to find similar or identical trees.
Remote access with Add-ons (sold separately)
Search for Files
- The highly customizable file search allows filtering your files by size, last change, last access and creation date, extension, filename and path pattern, file attributes, owner, NTFS permissions or full path length.
- Filter options are applied directly to the directory tree and all other views.
- Duplicate files can be identified by the MD5 checksum of their content or a combination of name, size and last change date, for even easier deduplication operations.
Clean up Disk Space
- Print reports showing the directory structure or save them as Excel, XML, PDF, HTML, CSV or text-file and export them to the clipboard.
- Directly send reports via e-mail.
- Charts can be exported in the common graphic formats JPG, GIF and PNG.
The SpaceObServer Enterprise Edition offers automated Reporting via OLE Automation
- The OLE Automation interface allows scheduling your exports from within your own scripts or applications.
- All programming languages that offer an OLE Automation interface are supported (e.g. C#, VBScript, VB.NET, Delphi, Windows PowerShell, VBA in Microsoft Office).
- Programming examples are included.
Complete NTFS support
- SpaceObServer supports Unicode file and folder names.
- File-based NTFS compression.
- Alternate Data Streams (ADS) and hardlinks are shown.
- SpaceObServer finds and processes file paths exceeding 255 characters.
- SpaceObServer analyzes NTFS permissions and can filter for files with specific access permissions.
- Visibility and order of the columns can be configured for the details view and each export type separately.
- You can easily customize the output format, e.g. number of decimals, size unit (Byte, KB, MB, GB, TB or automatic display of an appropriate size unit) etc.
- Unicode file and directory names.
- The Explorer context menu within the SpaceObServer interface.
- Windows File Paths longer than 255 characters.